Here we have the promotional material we have created to be viewed alongside our Sound Sculpted prototype. Take a look and we would love to hear from you.
So now we’ve fixed the motors into position and made sure that they simply cannot move it’s time to through some clay into the mix!
If you watched the above video you’ll know that it didn’t really go how we had planned. We made a few adjustments to the arms to stop them from interfering with each and also to make sure they actually hit the clay enough to make some sort of change to its shape. Take 2…
Again, it’s not spectacular but hey, we’ve managed to interpret a song into something physical! If you ever wondered what Mama Do The Hump would look like if it was a clay sculpture and not a song well… now you know.
We still have just over a week left so we’ll play around with a bit more and see what happens.Watch this space!
After the success of the servos working together with the LDR’s we have been able to start combining our spiral form with our electronics. Below is the first run with us connecting our sculpting arms with the servos.
From this prototype test we were able to make the most informed adjustments. We designed another set of sculpting arms for variety and that better connect with the clay. The programme was also altered to react every 2 seconds rather than a quarter of a second as before. This was to reduce strain on the servos and also create a groove effect on the clay. Below is the improved prototype playing to Aloe Blacc’s – I need a Dollar.
Our next step is to strengthen the servo motors and create supports for them. When we are satisfied with their strength we can begin creating outputs from clay!